Sunday, May 21, 2017

Happy polar scientist day to all my colleagues!

It has been two and a half months since we came back to Cape Town and completed the circum-antarctic navigation. It was an interesting transformation...
On my flight back home I was really confused to see unfamiliar faces surrounding me at airports - I was used to only see people that I know. Coming back to work was quite an adventure as well. I realized I forgot all my passwords, I had to reset my e-mail passwords, server login passwords, etc, etc. If "big brother" is really watching me, he should have gotten suspicious.

After a few weeks at work, trying to remember where I left off with my other projects, while sorting out the complicated cargo situation for ACE, I realized I am super exhausted.

I have now visited a few of my favorite cities around the US and gave a few slideshow/lecture presentations in New York, San Francisco and Boston. Most of them went ok, but they were really different, i talked about different content and emphasized very different things. The experience was always gratifying, so I might do it again. But right now I need a break - did I say that I am exhausted?

One thing I did realize - I forgot to include my best picture in my slideshow (or I was trying to make sure they are more serious than they actually were). Anyhow, here it is. Enjoy:

How we spent time in Antarctica

1 comment: